Thursday, April 2, 2009

renewed faith

It's been a rough couple of days faith wise. Years ago my father in law told me that I possess a great spirit of discernment and for the most part I've believed it. These past few days however I've begun to question that. Over the past few months there have been a number of things happen that many would say have been attacks on our family. Though they may seem insignificant to many add them all up and they amount to some rather large things. There are days when I seriously sit down and think, "What am I Job?". Of course as soon as I utter those words, along comes a sermon that speaks to me and puts me in my place. Still it's hard in the flesh to understand why things happen.
Either we are not meant to go and God is closing doors or as my rather wise 14 year old eloquently puts it "Satan must be terrified of what we're meant to do over there." She often puts things into perspective when I'm at my lowest.
So after a few days of 'feeling sorry for myself' and a day in bed thanks to a nasty flu virus I've had some great times of prayer. Now I'm not saying that the answer has come to me in a wonderful dream or a revelation of sorts but slowly I'm beginning to see that God has orchestrated this trip and it's all in His timing. Money will come in, work Visa's will come through and all the odds and ends will be tied up when they need to be. If it is indeed His plan (and we do feel it is) then it will be in His timing and no matter what we do as humans we cannot fight it or change it. It is definitely a faith journey and I'm glad you've decided to join me on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment